Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Mother and My Name

Catlin,
        It’s like the whispering wind calling me home. The wind kissing me softly as it carries the smell of the freshly cut grass. My mother sits on a swing under a cherry tree that is freshly in bloom, reading a book in the sweet spring. Her long curly brunette hair in a long tight braid down her back as she watches my brother Cory running around the freshly cut grass and every so often running up to ask if he could rub her already rounding belly.
       “Mommy, what is my sissies name going to be?” Cory asks as he rubs her belly again.
       “I don’t know Cory, but you will be the first to know.” As our mother pats his head before he runs off again to play in the sweet spring wind, under the clear blue skies. She smiles as he runs around in the grass. She looks back down at her book to continue to read as she runs across a name she will never forget…

The wind whispers again
Catlin…




No comments:

Post a Comment